Sunday, June 13, 2010

Dressing Up

Ever the typical American woman, there's always something to be dissatisfied about my looks.

I've come to terms with my size and I hope to speak for others who aren't here yet. There is something about my appearance that bothers me though. It's shallow of me. I shouldn't care. But when it's time to dress up, look pretty or go out on the town, I admit it still bothers me.

We went to a wedding last night.

I haven't had a chance to dress up -- I mean REALLY dress up -- in a long time. So I was excited about getting out the Little Black Dress, doing my hair & makeup & donning sparkly accessories.

But as I dressed, my inadequacy seemed more pronunced than usual.

You see, I am flat.

If I wasn't a size 24, I'd look like an ironing board. I must be the only size 24 in the world who can get away with a B cup. Hell, my Dad has bigger boobs than I do.

And some outfits -- my LBD, for example -- look better with cleavage. Sigh. I felt like a gawky adolescent getting ready for her first dance.

After being happily married for almost 18 years and having 3 children, it's ridiculous to feel inadequate about my figure. No one will be looking at me anyway. So I rallied myself and did what I did when I got ready for my first dance.

I got out a couple of pairs of tube socks.

And I had cleavage at the wedding.

2 comments:

  1. You just crack me up!!!

    I've always heard that the best cleavage can be found with the right bra - no matter what your size. That's why I always buy the ones that say they make you look a size bigger. That might not really be true, but it sure does makes me feel better about the boobies when I wear them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. L-O-V-E this! You sooo make me appreciate my DDDs!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read comments. Seriously. I check them every day. Insecure? Maybe.