Friday, August 26, 2011

Seriously -- About Irene. . .

Hurricanes SUCK.

I have lived in Texas since 1997.

Every year, a hurricane threatens our shores.  Every year, we evacuate.  Every year, we come back to boarded up windows, a few downed tree branches and no damage.

Every year, we've been lucky.

If you are in the "cone of uncertainty" get out.  Head inland.  Take your kids, your photos and your pets.  Leave.

I hope nothing gets damaged but your wallet. 

I hope in a couple of days I can post about how "the media" LOVES to prep for hurricanes.  They love the 24 hour coverage, the dire warnings, the duh duh DUMMMMM music.

I'm going to wait until after tho.

God bless.

3 comments:

  1. WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE !!!!!


    Film at 11.



    wv: horiqu- Lining up the terror for the news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually...hurricanes blow.
    Vacuums suck.
    Well, the really good ones do, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got basically nothing up here in Mass, but my parents in Nowhereville, PA are still without power. Luckily, us farm hicks don't need no fancy power!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read comments. Seriously. I check them every day. Insecure? Maybe.