Friday, December 24, 2010

Did you know there's a 5 AM too?

Apparently people all over Corpus Christi have been waking up in the middle of the night to go to V Fit for their Transformation class.

Transformation class is just like Boot camp, only the Mayor isn't there, so Victor isn't as nice.

It starts at 5 am.

That's not a typo. 

Because I promised to get in at least 4 workouts a week, the I had to go to the Transformation class this morning.  Tomorrow is Christmas, so we don't have our weekly workout by the sea.

On the plus side, there are a lot of cool people at this class.  I've met many of them at 5Ks -- they all beat my time by like 30 minutes.  It is a very good workout.  I was soaking wet within 20 minutes. 

On the downside, it was dark when I got there and dark when I left.  Victor is also really grumpy & mean at 5am.  He made us do burpees for a minute and a half without stopping.  That doesn't sound like a long time now that I see it in print.  But lemme tell ya -- I've sat through accounting classes that didn't feel as long as that minute and a half.

I am considering -- just considering at this point -- maybe going to another one.  Someday. 

If only it wasn't at 5 am. 

3 comments:

  1. just stay up all night and go to bed when you are done? proud of you cuz for taking care of yourself so you are there for your hubby and kids for a long time! love and hugs from utah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, because of my schedule I get up at 4:45 AM three days a week to run. The downside is it that is very dark and cold in Naperville this time of year. The upside is that I see a few others out at that same time. Congrats on working out! Keep it up!
    Janet Mueller Eifler

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard you were there this morning. I really regret not getting up to go. Hope to see you Sunday at 9. Merry Christmas. Laurie

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read comments. Seriously. I check them every day. Insecure? Maybe.