Sunday, December 12, 2010

Just so you know. . . .

They were sold out of trees.

In other news, I got to go to a cookie exchange today.  I baked 7 dozen shortbread cookies and took them to a girlfriend's house.  Several other of her friends baked 7 dozen yummy cookies and we traded. 

It was the Christmas I dreamed about -- complete with beautiful little girls in red plaid dresses and stylish women chatting, laughing and sipping coffee.  The home was tastefully and seasonally decorated, the hostess charming, and the company engaging. 

Yes, Virginia, there is a Perfect Christmas Party. It exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy.

1 comment:

  1. I could never host Virginia's Perfect Christmas Party. Way too neurotic. And not enough charm. I could wear red plaid dresses, though.

    Glad it was a good time!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read comments. Seriously. I check them every day. Insecure? Maybe.