Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ink

Because I had my last baby at age 42, it's not a surprise that I am sometimes 20 (or more) years older than the other moms in his class.

One of his best friends has parents much younger than me.

They are intelligent.  Educated.  Interesting.  Tattooed. 

They have beautiful children and they are a lovely young family.  They are just covered from toenails to eyeballs in colorful, permanent designs.  With lots of piercings.  Both of them.  I don't know what they do for a living, but I am betting neither one of them is a banker.

I don't mean to sound like such an oldster. 

I am not anti-tattoo.  Not at all.  I may get one someday. 

I might need it sooner than later.

I was dropping #3 off at daycare.  I wore a skirt.  His little friend with the colorful mommy gave me a hug.  Then he poked me right above the knee and said "My mommy has a picture there too."

I looked at my knee to see what he was talking about.

That's not a picture, honey.

It's a varicose vein.

Sigh.

7 comments:

  1. "I am betting neither one of them is a banker." ;)

    I love how sweet little children can totally humiliate us without even really trying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! That's funny!! :)

    As far as tattoos go...I like a couple here and there...but head to toe is not my thing. I always wonder...what will that look like in 40 years when you're old and wrinkly?? My daughter has a friend who's parents are very tatooed and the mom had those spacer earrings...I think that's what they're called. But basically, she has a huge hole in her ear...like the size of a quarter. There is no way that will look nice when she's 70.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want you to know that when I see a GOF post in my Google Reader, I click it first. Always. I adore you. And your blog. So. There's that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just dropped by to see what your blog was all about inspite of the BW hoo-haa. I wasn't trying to come off as a bad ass. But I did. And for that, I apologize.

    Anyhoos, I like your blog. I don't have much time to read anymore than what I have because it's time for me to get ready for work. I'll catch up on it later.

    In the meantime, I'll consider following your blog. So far so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too funny. Love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww thanks guys! Thanks Krissy -- I totally get it - no biggie. And Nicki? I love you & your blog too!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read comments. Seriously. I check them every day. Insecure? Maybe.