Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Dawn at the Seashore

My friends are AWESOME.

My alarm went off at . .  .OMG 5:30 in the morning. 

At 5:40, I got a text from Roland telling me to get up.  Then from Patricia telling me she & Ian were almost ready to go. 

I roused the kids, brushed my teeth and tried in vain to get Greg out of bed. 

He missed it. 

A quick stop at Starbucks for coffee & banana bread (shaddap).

Then we headed to the ocean.

There were probably 300 people there.  Watching the turtles was awesome. Seeing my friends was awesomer. I saw my friend Amanda and her husband Josh. Saw Melissa & Ralph. I saw Tony. Remember Tony? I saw Nelda and Christie and Roland.  Roland brought Minnie and Melissa.  Saw Susan.  Saw Patricia and her precious Ian (who also happens to be Paulie's bff!).    

I didn't see Dee, or Sandra, or Jessica, but I know they were there. 

12 turtle babies were released.

Apparently there are usually 75-100 hatchlings at a release, but apparently turtles, like Greg, prefer to sleep in on the 4th of July.


I haven't downloaded my photos yet, but my friend Josh did. 

So I stole 'em!



All photos courtesy of Josh Brown










6 comments:

  1. Good for you. Check it off your bucket list. I hope you got to take a nap this afternoon. Happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were the turtles released by people? Or did they hatch out of the sand? In any case, how cool was that? And worth getting up at a crazy hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when nests are found in the sand, Parks & wildlife rescues them so they won't get trampled, eaten, etc. When they are ready to hatch they get released by people. It was WAY cool.

      Delete
  3. How awesome! And how cute is that baby turtle! I think I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A D O R A B L E.

    I'm so glad you went!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg!!! So cute!!! Baby turtles are the cutest things!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read comments. Seriously. I check them every day. Insecure? Maybe.