I admit it. After 5 weeks of going hard at boot camp, I expected certain results:
1. I thought I would have lost at least 25lbs by now. (apparently you have to diet AND exercise. Dammit!)
2. I thought I would build my endurance to a point where I am not beet red every time I work out. (My friend Mary was wearing a top at boot camp that was the EXACT SAME SHADE as my face. Only it was cute on her.)
3. I thought I would get used to the popé. (If you're in South Texas, you TOTALLY know what I'm talking about.)
4. I thought it would get easier. (it would, except Victor keeps making it HARDER)
5. I thought I would be cured of my ice cream addiction. (This was a total reach -- even Victor isn’t that good)
6. I thought my hips would shrink & my boobs would stay the same. . .instead of the other way around.
So I didn’t get exactly what I bargained for.
There are some benefits I didn’t bargain for:
1. I have met some awesome & fun fellow sufferers --I mean boot-campers.
2. I have met some awesome & fun clients of Victor -- these folks are TOTAL rock stars! (shout out to Maria!)
3. I ran after the 2 year old. . .and caught him!
4. Two girlfriends who I haven’t seen in a while told me I look great.
5. My husband likes to . . .wait -- that’s none of your business. But it’s AWESOME.
6. As I was doing my brutal step-back squats Ricky (AKA Leonardo DiCaprio) casually noticed that I am no longer holding onto the wall to support myself.
7. I can actually tuck a blouse into the size 22s. And the size 24s are getting roomy.
It’s still hurty. It’s still owie. I still stink when I am done. I am going to continue to beech and moan. A lot.
But I am on my way to VICTORY!