Friday, August 20, 2010

This story is also true. ..

Everyone liked the story about Paul pulling my pants down at mass so much, that I thought I would share another (true) wardrobe story with you.

One morning, as I was getting ready for the day, my collar was kinda wonky. So I asked Greg to straighten it for me.

Then I loaded the kiddos in the car & drove to their School. (Which, incidentally, happens to be at the same church where I mooned everyone).

My younger boy had to be walked to class, which is all the way in the back of the school.

I love that school. I have so many mom friends there.

As we were walking in, I saw Melissa. I had to stop & chat with her for a sec. Then I saw Cyndi. Had to talk to her. Monica came by to say hi and we chatted for a sec. Then I had to pop in to tell the Principal something. Olivia caught me on the way out of the Principal's office to give me the t-shirt that I paid for but hadn't picked up. Mary & her husband Terry were in the hallway -- they had just returned from Chicago and of course I HAD to know if they got to Portillos for an Italian Beef.

I ran into Sister in front of her classroom -- you are not allowed to walk by a nun without stopping to say hello.

Finally, my little one and I get to his classroom.

I put his lunch away, bend over to kiss him and start to leave.

I see Erika walking in with her little guy. I say "Hey girl!"

She says "Hi! Why is your blouse inside out?"

No wonder my collar was wonky.



When I asked my husband why he didn't tell me -- because he FIXED MY COLLAR, how could he not notice? -- he said "well I don't know anything about women's fashion."

Fashion? Are you kidding me? Do you really think that the in look for all of us plus size middle aged moms is wrong-side-out clothes? Cause we're making a statement, yo.

I'm going to go update my closet right now!

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha!

    That is hysterical! I love men. They are so wonderful and ridiculous all at the same time.

    Ever walk around half the day and then realize that yesterday's underpants are stuffed in the leg of your jeans and are slowly making their way south?

    That's what I get for wearing my jeans two days in a row!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Alex O -- I actually haven't had that particular experience, but I love it!

    I love your comments!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read comments. Seriously. I check them every day. Insecure? Maybe.