Thursday, November 11, 2010

No Mail Today

We don't get mail today.

Because it's Veteran's Day.

GOOD!  We don't need mail.  We need to gather our children, get on our knees and thank God for our military and military families.

We need to explain to our children what this country means to us.  We need to set an example of how to be a good American.

Here are some things you can do today to be a good American:

1. Pledge your allegiance.  Seriously. 

2. Pick up a piece of garbage somewhere.  I know you don't have to.  I know you didn't put it there.  Pick it up anyway.  Want to be totally crazy set an example for the whole community?  Next time you are at a stoplight, put your car in park, get out of the car & take a piece of trash off the road.  Be safe -- don't go into traffic or anything.  But show others how to care for our country.

3. Be respectful and kind to people from other countries.  Especially immigrants.  We have a great nation, and great nations honor their neighbors.

4. Thank those who serve.  In the military, our firefighters, our police, our teachers, our sanitation workers, our service workers -- even in retail.  If you see someone serving others, thank them.

5. Say a prayer of Thanksgiving.

Thank YOU.  Thank you for reading me, for being supportive of me, for correcting me when I need it (and even when I don't). 

God Bless America!

1 comment:

  1. Well said Mary. You don't need to thank me for reading, I should be thanking you for writing all the great posts!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read comments. Seriously. I check them every day. Insecure? Maybe.