Monday, September 6, 2010

Doing it all. . .

Are you impressed with me that I an a mother of three, work a full time job, blog, go to graduate school, blog, workout regularly, blog, and volunteer at my church?

Don't be.

Because there is no way I could do it without my husband.

Husbands are funny.  Wives like to get together and roll our eyes over the silly things they do.  Like teach our children to burp their ABCs.  At least they know their ABC's right?

My husband works two jobs -- three if you count the "architect-on-loan" deal he is doing right now.  My husband works most of the weekend, because architects are all about deadlines.  And budgets, which is why he doesn't bill most of his weekend work.

My husband does the dishes every night.  We don't own a dishwasher, and he can't stand to see dirty dishes left over night (I can), so he does them. 

My husband really likes our kids.  I like 'em too, but Greg thinks playing with them is the funnest thing since skateboarding.

My husband gets that my job is super important to the family because there is less a threat of layoff as with his, and because I carry the insurance.  He also gets that I really enjoy it.  He supports me going to school because he knows that I need a Masters in order to move ahead. 

He supports me volunteering at church.  Really, we're both volunteering.  I am at the church, he is at home with the boys.  Believe me, both are important.

He doesn't read my blog unless I make him.  Which is good, because he would be super embarrassed if he knew that I was writing about him.

I just thought you should know. 

It's my husband that enables me to do it all. .. .

I don't know how he does it!

3 comments:

  1. Behind every great woman is a dish-washing, babysitting husband.

    I'm glad you got a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. from Susannah...

    Mary, you are so right! When people compliment me on all the things I do, I feel such a since of pride not just in myself, but my hubby too. Without him, I couldn't do half of what I do. Fortunately, he feels the same way about me. We believe 1+1=3 when it comes to our relationship! We are both a better version of ourselves and accomplish so much more because of each other. Together, we do it all.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read comments. Seriously. I check them every day. Insecure? Maybe.